My Beloved Sally

Hi all,

I made it through the procedure ok. I almost passed out though. It is called a vegal response. Guess that's cause I was somewhat nervous and didn't know what to expect. They were good to me though. Had to monitor my oxygen level, blood pressure, etc. When they stuck the needle in to deaden the area, they were amazed that I didn't jump or anything. When they put the needle in to draw out the fluid, I got so hot (like a major hot flash that you've never experienced before) and almost white and almost passed out so they had to lay me down and give me some cold compresses on my forehead and around my neck. That seemed to help.

I could have probably driven by myself if I would have known what to expect but I'm glad Myron went with me. It will take awhile to get some of the test results back. Some, she told me, could take only 3 days to come back and some take longer. The doctor wanted a bunch run. They took out about 1/2 cup of fluid. They say I didn't have much there. Most folks they take it out of have at least a litre or more. The way they explained it is everyone has a little bit of fluid around their lungs. It would be like driving a car without oil if you didn't have it there.

I am a little sore but not too bad. Don't know if all the local has worn off yet or not.

I suppose I could have gone to work but I probably would have been uncomfortable. Guess I need to go back and sit in my chair. I might read tonight while Myron goes to work.

Of course you know he said he would take the vacuum cleaner and suck it out of me - well, the nurse laughed at that. I had a Nurse practitioner do the procedure. She was very good. One of the best, I guess. Nice gal too. Single mom (the other nurse told me). I felt like they really took good care of me. That's a nice feeling although I hope I don't have to do this again anytime soon. Don't like the feeling of almost passing out. Guess I got as white as a sheet.

I'm glad that you could go to the graveside services, Dale. So sorry to hear about all that. We got to meet her at Aunt Thea's birthday party. A delightful child. I don't think Myron remembers her.

Does anyone know how Aunt Clarice is doing today?

Hugs to all,

Sal

Comments

Myron Holter said…
Tommorrow july 7th is Sally's birthday. Happy Birthday hon... love ya forever.

My

Popular posts from this blog

My Own Faith 2.com

Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Arizona