2009 Year in Review

12/30/2009 5:32:26 AM
2009 YEAR IN REVIEW:

I guess it’s a bout time that I write a little bit about our year in review.

Sally & I were discussing our highlights and lowlights of 2009 and we’re working on the top 10 issues.

WE’RE DEBT FREE!

On Nov 2009 I was able to pay off the home equity loan in full! The “HEL” loan had ballooned up to 18K at one point. We were using this loan as an excuse for spending more than we were making.

I only have a little visa to pay off. I fixed up my “hearse.” The 73’ Ford truck was my parents’ truck from years ago. When DAD passed away in 1978, I bought this keepsake for to remain in the family.

In order to be debt free we merely had to BUDGET our money. I use Microsoft excel to budget the figures.

We are lifetime members of Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University. We first attended a class back in 2006. We used the turtle method as opposed to the gazelle method. Those who have participated in FPU would understand.

Our Lutheran church here in Topeka has offered the course earlier this year. They’re planning on offering another course in February 2010. I will try to make all the classes, but it’s not imperative we attend, as we’re all ready life time members.

We purchased a DVD from FPU with all 13 classes. One can take all these classes from home, but it’s better to share your knowledge with others.

Sharing FPU is like sharing the good news of Jesus.

OUR WEBSITE:

After I retired from the government, I wanted sometime to do.

Back in Nov 2002 or there about, I remember sitting down with Sally and I asked her, what we should name ourselves.

We came upon the Yahoo powered domain

MY OWN FAITH 2

The full address is:

www.myownfaith2.com


Now being the computer nerd that I am, I was able to find all these good links for our site. Visit us online for more details.

Sally & I are NOT into sexting. Enough all ready with this technical stuff! Remember Tiger Woods.

If you ever see my 95’ Toyota, take a gander at the sign.

I’m currently writing use MS word and I plan on posting this to my public blog.

DIRECT LEVEL MARKETING:

Sally & I are Independent RELIV distributors.

Reliv is a patented food product that comes in a powder form in a can. We first became distributors some years ago. If you want to learn more about this wonderful business, please call us or email us for more information. Visit our web also.
RETIREMENT:

I’m still retired and loving it.

HOME PROJECTS:

So many projects, so little time! Here’s are SOME of my TODO lists.

www.myownfaith2.com/bucket
www.myownfaith2.com

5112 ½ SW 33rd ST – upkeep-

rearrange living room
Madeline ready home
Clean house J
Staple coax cable from my bedroom
Wash clothes – always- (where’s our maid?)
Share our FAITH through our web.
Fix spa


These are just some of my to-do items


L8r


myron@myownfaith2.com

Comments

USHANABI said…
Good Morning Myron!

That "debt free" phrase reminds me of my next youngest brother who worked for "Big Oil" in Ohio and retired with a $1,000,000 pension. He bobs up and down on the sea of uncertainty in the stocks and bonds (and who knows whatelse) markets.

He retired early (about two years before I did), and one year stated that he'd probably have to go back to work (because of market losses). And, after loosing only $125,000 last year, this year he was relieved to have made it back with a market income of $330,000.

He says that he expects the New Year to be a happy one - (;-)

Meanwhile, I'm out looking for work . . . in fact, my phone just rang while I was typing this and it was one of the employment agencies calling back . . . .

Gotta run . . .

Have a great day!
Myron Holter said…
Thanks for your reply my LBI friend....


I will make a link for you also.

I'll let you know... OK?


Myron@myownfaith2.com

Popular posts from this blog

My Own Faith 2.com

Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Arizona