Topeka City government



2/25/2009 3:56:06 AM

Our Local Government::

I guess our city politics is no different than any other local government.

WE, and I use the word, “WE” to mean ALL of us reading this blog. As taxpaying citizens, we are to keep our PUBLIC officials accountable for their fiscal responsibilities.

Last night I witnessed just that.

Joe Ledbetter, a conferee, spoke about monies that are sitting in a fund called GO TOPEKA This fund could be used to help Topeka’s infrastructure and consequently keep us from encountering yet another TAX increase.

Brett Blackburn, my councilperson, also spoke up concerning this matter.

I applaud both Brett and Joe for bringing this up to the public.

This taxpayer wants to know WHY this money is NOT being used more efficiently?

I heard Mr. Bunten explain that this money is reserved for potential businesses settling in our great city. Does the Topeka Chamber of Commerce know about this money? I’ll bet the chamber is well aware. What’s the big secret?

Once again, I applaud Mr. Ledbetter in bringing this to the public.

I also applaud those who are running for public office. I have written many web pages about my experiences as a mayoral candidate back in 2005.

My campaign pledge then was:

‘IF ELECTED MAYOR, I PROMISE TO DO NOTHING”

You can reach Sally and I by visiting us on the web at:

www.myownfaith2.com

I will now post this letter to my public blog.

Myron Holter
Topeka KS

Comments

Kevin McGinty said…
The thing about Joe is that once he gets his mind set on something he doesn't let it go. I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict he won't let this one go either...
Myron Holter said…
Ya .. I kinda gathered that. Mark and I FINALLY got the upstairs living room entertainment center moved. Just watched a CD and your picture came up.

My

Popular posts from this blog

My Own Faith 2.com

Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Arizona

FIRED!