Distant Land arr. John Rutter



7/4/2009 9:11:13 PM

DISTANT LAND arr. John rutter
Earlier today Sally and I sang in the community choir here in Topeka KS

The following are the words to this most beautiful song:

I see a distant land: it shines so clear. Sometimes it seems so far, sometimes so near. Come, join together, take the dusty road; Help one another: share the heavy load. The journey may be long: no end in sight; There may be hills to climb, or giants to fight: But if you’ll take my hand, we’ll walk together t’ward the land of freedom. I hear the distant son: it fills the air. I hear it, deep and strong, rise up in prayer: O Lord, we are many; help us to be one. Heal our divisions: Let thy will be done. I know the time will come when war must cease: A time of truth and love, a time of peace. The people cry, ‘How long till all the world can join the song of freedom.’ I touch a distant hand and feel its glow, the hand I hoped was there: at last I know. Swords into ploughshares: can it all come true? Friends out of strangers: start with me and you. I see another time, another place where we can all be one, one human race. The walls will melt away, we’ll come together on the day of freedom.

myron@myownfaith2.com

Comments

Myron Holter said…
I still get the shivers every time I listen to this. worth keeping on the web for all to enjoy.

myron@myownfaith2.com

Popular posts from this blog

My Own Faith 2.com

Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Arizona