Happy 4th of July

7/4/2009 5:39:04 AM

HAPPY JULY 4th

Unlike most folks, I take this day to be very special. I am currently re-reading the Declaration of Independence.

If you want a FREE copy of the our constitution and Declaration of Independence, merely ask for a FREE copy.

The web address is www.askheritage.org

Sally & I are going to celebrate this holiday by singing at Grace Episcopal Church here in Topeka KS

Hopefully our son Mark will show up and use my camera to film the musical pieces.

Then later on in the afternoon, we’re planning to celebrate with our OSLC church friends at the Parkers. We’re saddened to see them leave Topeka KS in a few months. Sally’s best friend is Charlene P.

Here are some of my thoughts of today.

Our country is the best country one could ever live in. I would NOT be writing to my blog today if it were NOT for our forefathers declaring OUR independence today.

I am reminded of the now famous speech from Martin Luther King quoting from the Declaration “ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL”

He quoted this speech on the steps of the capital. I was a teenager when the civil unrest took place back then. I remember those events very vividly.

But you know what?

Our country survived.

Then I remember joining the military back in the 60’s.

I remember serving my USAF service time and wondering “WHY?”

I’d hear reports from Paul Harvey, “The dead end war continues”

But you know what?

Our country survived.

Now scroll forward to 911

I remember watching FOX TV and seeing the twin towers collapse right in front of me. I’ll never forget Steve Doosey’s jaw dropping.

The horror of 911 still etches in my memory bank.

But you know what?

Our country is still surviving!

Now scroll to today.

Our government is taking over.

Will our country survive?

That is my question to everyone reading this.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

myron@myownfaith2.com (this email works too)

Comments

Kevin McGinty said…
We'll survive it, Myron. Obama and crew are trying to cram way too much down our throats at one time.

I have to believe there will be enough people who feel the same as I do in the Mid-term elections and then elect someone who doesn't want to give the farm away for President in 2012.
Myron Holter said…
Thanks my friend ....

Sally & I pray daily for our gov-t to come to their senses.

Hope you enjoyed the video.

Myron

Popular posts from this blog

My Own Faith 2.com

Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Arizona

FIRED!