SONNY SCROGGINS

KANSAS FEVER COMMITTEE

Press Release

October 17, 2008

TO: All Media Outlets

Subject: Annual Grant U. Cushinberry Birthday Party

From: Sonny Scroggins, Kansas Fever Committee



"The Lord told me to take care of my people, meant me to do it just as long as I live, and so I do what he told me."





Topeka, KS ...………………........Friday October 24, 2008 @ 5:00 p.m, Cushinberry Park. The Kansas Fever Committee is celebrating the 87th birthday of the late Grant U. Cushinberry, an Exoduster descendant. The birthday party will be held in Cushinberry Park under the Grant Cushinberry Tree. Birthday Cake will be served to mark the occasion.



A site-seeing tour of Cushinberry Park will be led by Sonny Scroggins at 5:45pm. After urban renewal, most, if not all of the Black Landmarks in Topeka were destroyed. The Park was named for Grant by the Kansas Fever Committee in the 80's. The Committed formed in 1976 during the American Bicentennial Celebration and founded by 15 men and 8 women including Memoralist Sonny Scroggins. The Kansas Fever Committee is the historical arm of Bias Busters of Kansas.



Abraham Lincoln said, "The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just."





Revelation 14:13-14. "Then I heard your voice from heaven say, Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on. "Yes" says the spirit; they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them."



James 2, Faith and Deeds:

"What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed, “but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead."



The Public is invited to attend and participate by word. action or deed!



Please come by the Park and have a piece of cake to celebrate the life of Grant Cushinberry.



For more information contact Sonny Scroggins @785-232-3761, 785-845-6148, biasbustersofkansas@yahoo.com.









I Challenge my Generation to Inspire Future Generations.



Yours in Christ, Sonny Scroggins

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Own Faith 2.com

Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Arizona