My Obit (many versions)

MY OBIT: (OH no NOT ANOTHER ONE) J
9/9/2009 8:03:54 AM


Myron D. Holter, aged ??, died the other day with a smile on his face. Myron had written many versions of his own demise, and this is just another one.

Myron had many “friends”, if you could call them friends. He also had many stranger friends. It’s rather weird writing this in the third person, but here goes.

One of the many “lists” “My” (use that nickname) created was his handwritten bucket list as posted on the web. This list is ongoing


9/9/2009 8:11:47 AM

WOW … This date/time is amazing!!!

09/09/09:09:09:09

Go figure..

Where was I?

Oh ya .. my demise.

YUP, he’s dead all right! So barked his dog, Charlie, who went to check on him in his backyard. He was found working on his own casket.

For further details, visit the web address

www.myownfaith2.com/bucket

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got work to do. I’ll write more later

myron@myownfaith2.com

9/10/2009 5:23:56 AM

Where was I?

Oh ya, I’m writing my own demise in the 3rd person, while I’m looking down from heaven.

I’ve written many a version of my obituary, so this will be just another one for anyone to scoff at.

I think I might know what has triggered my brain to start on still yet another version. I’m currently reading a book called “Heaven is Real” by Don Piper. He previously wrote a book, “90 minutes in heaven” also of which I had also read.

In this book, he writes about we all need to cross bridges in our lives. That triggered my thought process of the Sioux River bridge NE of Bruce SD. We lived ¼ mile east of the river.

When I was 4 or 5, I wondered off to the river with Tyke, our dog. I took of all my clothes and headed north in search of turtle eggs.

The story goes that my mother asked my brother Wes to find his baby brother. Wes finds my clothes on the riverbank, running back to mom. The community is looking for my body. Dad was at a farm auction in Brookings SD at the time. I guess the auctioneer was summoned for him to get home as his son was presumed dead.

About an hour or so later I came wondering back, madder than a hornet, as someone stole my clothes off the riverbank.

I only remember looking back seeing the peak of the farmhouse and knowing I was OK. It was the spring of the year, and I was not about to jump in the river.

My 1st experience with crossing a bridge was not to be. The bridge was then south of my wondering off. I wondered off going north.

I have had many experiences with the bridge from my childhood. We used to swim from the bridge. I caught my 1st fish from off the bridge. It was a bullhead. I was so proud! I ran home to show my mother my 1st fish. I was a mommy’s boy, I still am.

What does all this have to do with my obituary?

EVERYTHING.

We all go through life in preparation for our death. It is appointed unto man, ONCE to die. That’s scriptural. My appointed time had not yet come, There are too many things to do on this earth for me to do BEFORE Jesus sends me home.

These two books by Don Piper is triggering me to write again and post my writings to our web.

My next experience with life and death was in 1960. Keith Loomis, my bible school friend and neighbor was killed in a tractor accident. We had just gotten back from attending bible camp in NESD. I was asked to be his pallbearer. I remember like it was yesterday, some 49 + years ago. Keith and I used to play together. The 1st week of Bruce High School, I walked from school to Grace Lutheran to attend his school. I remember looking at Keith in the coatroom, the same room I used to teach Sunday school, some years later.

Nine years later the church burned down. There are only memories left standing.

I turned my life over to Jesus back then. I was only 15 years old. I remember privately getting on my hands and knees in our little bedroom asking God for help. He led me to the bible. God read to me “My peace I give to you”. I felt peace within my heart after that. I guess you could say I was “born again” back then, but us Lutheran’s didn’t push it back then.


I'll write more later ....

Comments

Myron Holter said…
"Funeral" .. not school. I need to proof read my writings .. myron

Popular posts from this blog

My Own Faith 2.com

Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Arizona

FIRED!