JURIST & CONFEREE

JURIST:

Yesterday was an interesting day .. and boring.

I was summoned to serve on a jury here in Shawnee County. I was # 12 of 28 to be interviewed. There were literally hundred of us selected, I don’t have a clue as to how many.

Incidentally, my next-door neighbor, Linda Beard, is a court reporter, but not in this trial. I saw her but she did not see me.

I only knew two people in the whole court room, the judge, Jan Luebenrger, and a former member of our church, Bob Nabazaz (sp?) the spelling of the last name escapes me. Maybe I’m getting too lazy. J

I was excused in the second round .. no reason given. It would have been fun to be selected in this criminal case. I looked on the web for any information about this case, but fond none. I guess I should have taken notes to goggle search names. Etc. But it was fun. The wheels of justice are alive and well here in Topeka KS., Shawnee county, the Capitol of KANSAS.

While on lunch break I went to visit my good friend and mayor, Bill Bunten, but he was at lunch. Isn’t that what mayors are suppose to do? So I left him a note and also left him my card.

Then I proceeded to go to the city clerks office and signed my request for public comment regarding e-verify. So, I’ll need to get my speaking voice together for that. Chris Kobach is going to be the presenter, I’m merely going to be a conferee when the mayor calls my name..

8/12/2008 4:14:53 AM

SO ..

Here’s my planned speech as a conferee.

Thank you mayor and greetings city council, staff and the news media.

My Name is Myron Holter,, and I’ve lived in the same home since Nov 1973. We’re half way between French Junior High and Burnetts Mound off of SW 33rd ST. Our address is 5112 SW 33rd ST to be exact. If you want to pay Sally (my wife of many years) and I a visit, please call us or send us an email and we’d be happy to visit with you all.

We’re Internet Bloggers, our web is www my own faith 2 dot com. I’ve made many a web page for those who would like to advertise their businesses. Feel free to surf on over.

I’m also a Jim Cates caller/listener and a radio talk show junkie, I was involved in the Jim Cates firing from Cumulus and I wrote about it in our PUBLIC blog. How much do you think I should sell this t-shirt for on ebay?

But I’m not here to plug our web, I’m here to speak about e-verify. I would like to commend Jack Woefel for starting this agenda. If I were mayor, of which I’m glad I’m not, I would have tried to place this on the table a long time ago.

By the way, did you know I also ran for mayor? Thank you voters, all 372 of you for voting for me back in 2005. I’m very glad that we currently have our current statesman as our mayor, and if you decide to run again, I’ll help you get re-elected, my friend. My friend Bob Sherburne also ran for mayor, God rest his soul. Not to be partial, Brett, if you also decide to run again, I’ll help you too. Is that being FAIR or NOT. Remember, I’m the guy who spoke to you a few months earlier to “BUY ON VALUE, NOT ON PRICE.”

My comments about e-verify would be the how does it work? Perhaps we can all ask those questions, I prefer using the Internet to do so. About all I know is .. IT’S FREE! That word seems to escape our city council for some reason.

Thank you Mr. Kobach and thank you Mr. Woefel. You’re all ready one step ahead of our inept KS legislature. These politicians next door are hiding under their desks for some reason regarding this computer program.

Any comments or question for my remaining time?

Be sure to visit our web now. Do it off the clock though.


Thank you

Comments

Myron Holter said…
8/13/2008 6:29:47 AM

E-VERIFY:

I tried!

But I lost. Along with Kris Kobach and 2 others. That was the vote last night Details on www.cjonline.com
Myron Holter said…
Dear Concerned Topeka citizens ...

I'm thinking that I was the shortest speaker last night of the 17 conferees. Remember, computers do NOT discriminate!

I felt like a minority. I choose to remain non-anonymous

Hopefully the city council made the right decision in the affirmative. I left before the vote was taken.

Thanks Jack W., and if there's any way I can help, please let me know. I would be willing to come out of retirement too if necessary. My not so FREE Internet services are very reasonable.

Jim Cates, I proudly wore your t-shirt. :)

Feel free to blog with us on the web too.

Feel free to forward this email to those in your address book.

GOD BLESS,

GO E-VERIFY!






Myron D. Holter
5112 SW 33rd ST
Topeka KS 66614
785-272-4986 (home)
785-220-2040 (cell)
visit us online at:
www.myownfaith2.com

PS: I will now copy/paste this email to my public blog.

Popular posts from this blog

My Own Faith 2.com

Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Arizona