Aunt Ruth Memories

Aunt Ruth stories:

12/25/2008 7:45:55 AM

While my aunt Ruth is on my mind, I’ll write a few things about her and the Billman family.

I have known my aunt Ruth as long as I can remember. This might be a LONG blog.

I believe in my previous posts that I wrote about Christmas’s past. One year during Christmas, Ruth’s mother, my grandmother Julie, was crying. I was perhaps 10 or so. I asked mom why she was crying. Mom informed me that she was crying because of not ever seeing Ruth again. She was getting ready to go do the work of the Lord as a Christian missionary. Out of all the Bergh lineage, my mother, Clarice, Audrey & Dorothy were the only ones NOT either being pastors or missionaries of some sort. Ruth was no exception. My grandma Julie died some time later. I remember like it was yesterday. These events for some reason cast a lasting memory in my then virgin mind.

My childhood memories of Ruth were mostly through postal letters from her and Herb from the mission field.

When Herb & Ruth did come to visit us on the farm, it was always a fun time. I remember showing cousin Carol (Billman) Freeman our source of heat. I remember taking her down in our basement showing her the furnace. My 1st cousins from herb & Ruth are Martha (Towner) Dan Billman, and Carol (Freeman) .. I think. I’m writing this from memory. Somewhere is a BK program on one of my many computers that will be more accurate in this genealogy family tree.

12/26/2008 3:38:09 AM

Good morning!

Where was I?

I was writing about my aunt Ruth. The Bergh stories are plentiful. My aunt Ruth was also a writer. I’m sure there’s many articles written by her. She has given us copies of her writings in the past. Somewhere in our home are her writings. If I find any stories, testimonials, etc. I’ll try to make a link for them.

I will now post this to my public blog.

myron@myownfaith2.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Own Faith 2.com

Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Arizona