Aunt RUTH

AUNT RUTH:

An email from my 1st cousin.





My mom suffered a bleeding stroke in the early hours this morning and went into a coma sometime before 7am. Her artery walls in the brain had simply become too thin and worn and so they began to leak and a large collection of blood formed. At the hospital, they did a CAT scan and said that the clot that had formed was the size of a small pear and was putting pressure on her brain and so she lost her ability to speak and is paralyzed on her right dominant side. She is squeezing our hands with her left hand regularly, but has not come out of her coma otherwise. The doctor said that they couldn’t do anything for her at the hospital that we couldn’t do for her at home, because she had signed an end stage of life statement some years back saying she didn’t want life support treatment if it wasn’t going to restore some semblance of normalcy, so she is back home now at the Towners’ home in Bloomington, where more of us can be with her and sing to her. She’s breathing well now still moving her hand around, sometimes grasping our hands, sometimes raising her hand up high as if she is worshiping. The doctor said that she could leave us at any time or she could linger for a couple days.

She was feeling well up to the time of the stroke. Yesterday she took my sister, sister-in-law and me out for a birthday breakfast for me. Last night she was tutoring a Mexican friend in English.

She is not in pain as far as the medical personnel could tell, or that we can see.

My apologies to those of you who received multiple copies of this. I’m trying to do this quickly.

Thank you for your prayers for her and us at this time.


Carol

Comments

Kevin McGinty said…
It'd be nice if family tragidies could take a break this time of year but that's not the way life works.

That's why I try so hard to make my kids understand that life's too short to hold onto grudges.

The day "WILL" come when it's too late to simply say I'm sorry, let's try to work things out...

My thoughts are with you and your family Myron...
Myron Holter said…
Thanks for being an undestanding friend my friend.

Wanna help me feed the geese this AM?

Myron

Popular posts from this blog

My Own Faith 2.com

Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Arizona

FIRED!